HowtoFixMyCredit.com recognizes that our members and customers are our greatest asset and that our relationship with you is one that is built upon trust. As a result, we have always carefully guarded any personal information that we may acquire in the course of providing services to you.
Recent advances in technology have heightened concerns about privacy and the safeguarding of personal information. Accordingly, we are taking the opportunity to inform you of our policies regarding the collection, use and safeguarding of your personal information.
Our Privacy Promise
Providing you with high-quality products and services requires that we collect and maintain certain information. With respect to this information, we promise the following:
- To safeguard all personal information against unauthorized access.
- To collect only that information necessary to continue to provide you with high-quality products and services.
- To require that companies that perform servicing and marketing functions for us maintain strict confidentiality over any information they acquire.
- To notify you annually of our policies on information collection, sharing and safeguarding.
Categories of Information Collected
In the course of providing you with services and products and administering your membership, we collect the following types of information:
- Information from your membership application, such as name, address, phone number, and email addresses.
- Information about use of our membership benefits, products and services.
- Information gathered on our Web site through online forms, site-visit data and automatic online collection devices known as “cookies.”
- You may “opt out” of sharing this information with other companies by sending an email to admin(@)howtofixmycredit.com.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
We limit access to personal information to authorized personnel who need to use it in the course of their job duties. We also have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access.
How We Use Personal Information
The information we collect from you is an important part of our ability to provide you with high-quality services and to offer benefits, products and services that are relevant to you. In the course of our use of the information, we may share it with others, as set forth below:
- We may share personal information when we are required to by law, such as a subpoena, to prevent fraud or in response to an inquiry by a government agency.
- We may share personal information with companies that perform services or marketing functions for us or as part of a joint marketing agreement. We require these companies to observe strict confidentiality with respect to any information they obtain from us.
- We may also share certain information, such as your name and address, with companies selected by us to provide products or services of interest to our members and customers.
If you do not wish to receive information from companies selected by us to provide products and services especially for our members and customers, please fax a written request specifying which information you request withheld to (901) 284-6992. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks for processing. This will not prevent unwanted solicitations from companies that received your information from other sources.